Click here to learn how to become a smart parent and raise a happy child.
Cognitive Child Development Nine Months: Intellectual Development Of Your Nine Month Old Child
Cognitive Child Development Nine Months...
Your nine month old child realises his daily routine and likes to copy your speech and gestures.
- Is able to judge the size of an object up to 2 feet (60cm) from a place.
- Looks in the correct course for fallen toys.
- Looks after a toy being hidden and then direct his eyes to it. This proves that he knows that an
object can be real even when it is no longer in sight (object permanence).
- Identifies familiar pictures.
- Plays alone for more periods of time.
- Takes joy in making noises by banging toys.
- Prefers to play with empty cardboard boxes.
Increasing His Development
- Permit him plenty of time for play.
- Make available bath toys... for example... beakers, sponges and funnels.
- Inspire him with confidence of self-feeding and tolerate messes.
- Talk continuously to him and carry on with rhymes and action songs.
Keeping Him Safe
- At all times check his eating and drinking.
- Never allow anyone to feed him with finger foods such as bananas and carrots.
- Use a locked cupboard for safe keeping of dangerous household chemicals for example bleach, disinfectant
and white spirit.
Activities For Him
- He should have the means of a good choice of picture books, many of which can be handled alone, and a stock
of nursery rhymes and action rhymes.
- Posting boxes and like toys inspire confidence in hand-eye co-ordination, memory and concentration.
- Provide bath toys as he acquires a great deal of pleasure and gains skills from them, where early concept of
floating, sinking, volume and capacity opportunity are gained.
- Provide set of tools, for instance telephones, brooms and tea sets to inspire confidence in role play.
Download a FREE Chapter of my new ebook "The Smart Parenting Guide" and discover an
easy-to-follow guide for raising a happy, positive, responsible and caring child.
Plus get 2 other FREE gifts...
"10 Tips To Prevent or Subdue Temper Tantrums" & "12 Safety Devices To Protect Your Children"
Don't worry -- your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you "Your Child & You" Newsletter.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Use this search feature to find it.
Return from Cognitive Child Development Nine Months to Cognitive Development Home Page
Return from Cognitive Child Development Nine Months to Child Development Guide Home Page