Pregnancy is an experience of joy and excitement. The moment of being pregnant feels so special and magical that you never want it to end. The feeling of carrying a little you inside is wonderful there's no other experience in life like it.
1. "Pregnancy and motherhood are the most beautiful and significantly life-altering events that I have
~ Elisabeth Hasselbeck
2. "Going into a pregnancy is a really challenging time for a woman, because it's forever-changing,
both mentally and physically".
~ Brooke Burke
3. "Pregnancy is a kind of miracle. Especially so in that it proves that a man and woman can conspire
to force God to create a new soul".
~ Robert Anton Wilson
4. "Investigation may be likened to the long months of pregnancy, and solving a problem to the day
of birth. To investigate a problem is, indeed, to solve it".
~ Mao Zedong
5. "I want my daughter to be proud of me and look up to me. I think early on in my pregnancy I
realized that to be the mom I want to be, I had to change my life, and that's what I'm doing".
~ Holly Madison
6. "For many women - myself included - pregnancy brings on tremendous anxiety and confusion, along with the joy".
~ Emily Oster
7. "If pregnancy were a book they would cut the last two chapters".
~ Nora Ephron
8. "I think pregnancy, like life, is what you make it. I received a good hand. I'm thankful
and blessed and so peaceful and can't wait to welcome my son".
~ Mara Brock Akil
9. "There is such a special sweetness in being able to participate in creation".
~ Pamela S. Nadav
10. "Birth is a mystery. Words are not enough".
~ Marie O'Connor
11. "Birth is the epicenter of women's power".
~ Ani DiFranco
12. "Birth goes best if it is not intruded upon by strange people and strange events. It goes best when
a woman feels safe enough and free enough to abandon herself to the process".
~ Penny Armstrong and Sheryl Feldman
13. "Pregnancy and birth knit womankind together. Help weave a gorgeous thread to add to the fabric.
Be supportive. Be kind. Be wise. Be open".
~ Desirre Andrews
14. "Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers... strong, competent, capable
mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength".
~ Barbara Katz Rothman
15. "Labor is the closest a woman may ever be to the threshold between life and death while she is
still very much alive".
~ Anne Frye
16. "Childbirth provided the drama I craved, the thrill of peeking over the primal edge of creation,
the rush of the unexpected".
~ Peggy Vincent
17. "Giving birth should be your greatest achievement not your greatest fear".
~ Jane Weideman
18. "In the moments of labour and birth, all the forces of the universe are flowing through a woman's body".
~ Sandra K. MorningStar
19. "Birth is as safe as life gets".
~ Harriette Hartigan
20. Pregnancy seems designed to prepare you for life as a mother. You start making sacrifices nine
months before the child is born, so by the time they put in an appearance you are used to giving
things up for them".
~ Brett Kiellerop-Morris
21. "A mother does not become pregnant in order to provide employment to medical people. Giving birth
is an ecstatic jubilant adventure not available to males. It is a woman's crowning creative
experience of a lifetime".
~ John Stevenson
22. "You never understand life until it grows inside of you".
~ Sandra Chami Kassis
23. "A woman who spends her time worrying about pregnancy is a virtual cripple, she'll never go very far".
~ Louis-Ferdinand Céline
24. "The birth of a new born baby is a great joy".
~ Lailah Gifty Akita
25. "To celebrate the birth of new life, is to appreciate the miraculous work of the Creator".
~ Wayne Chirisa
26. "The day of birth is a sacred day".
~ Lailah Gifty Akita
27. "Every child should be nurtured with great love. The feeling of great love promotes wellness and
potential for greatness".
~ Lailah Gifty Akita
28. "Babies are bits of star-dust blown from the hand of God. Lucky is the woman who knows the pangs of
birth for she has held a star".
~ Larry Barretto
29. "Sometimes when you pick up your child you can feel the map of your own bones beneath your
hands, or smell the scent of your skin in the nape of his neck. This is the most extraordinary thing
about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without".
~ Jodi Picoult
30. "A woman has two smiles that an angel might envy, the smile that accepts a lover before
words are uttered, and the smile that lights on the first born babe, and assures it of a mother's love".
~ Thomas C Haliburton
Download a FREE Chapter of my new ebook "The Smart Parenting Guide" and discover an
easy-to-follow guide for raising a happy, positive, responsible and caring child.
Plus get 2 other FREE gifts... "10 Tips To Prevent or Subdue Temper Tantrums" & "12 Safety Devices To Protect Your Children"
Didn't find what you were looking for? Use this search feature to find it.
Back to Pregnancy Quotes Top Page